Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rosa Redhawk


In September of 2003 I found a lovely piece of driftwood that looked distinctly like a hawk. I brought it home and figuratively "threw it on my 'to do' pile" and didn't think about it again until June 2006 when I found a dead red-tailed hawk at the marshy end of a small lake near my home.

The hawk was badly decomposed and I was able to gather-up several of it's bones, which I brought home and boiled in salt water. Having this hawk energy in my home prompted me to work on the Redhawk wand, a 13 inch wooden rattle carved from one piece of cedar driftwood.

Since that time, Rosa Redhawk, a Native Medicine Woman has regularly appeared to me in my Journeys, teaching me healing techniques and providing critical insights along my shaman path.

No comments: